Friday, February 6, 2015

Hate Crimes Class with Professor Valerie Jenness


An Insight Into Studying With Valerie Jenness



I finished Professor Jenness’s course on Hate Crimes last year – What a course! Yes, it is hard but this is a University, not a high school! There’s a lot of reading involved. There’s no textbook but there’s a lot of articles and you absolutely must read them. I love this subject, so I was happy to read it.

Professor Jenness is hot on attendance. You must go to every lecture otherwise you will definitely struggle. The reason you must got to every lecture is because the detailing is unrivaled! My advice would be to do the work she sets, make sure you attend and I’m sure you will do fine in this class.

Professor Jenness is a GREAT lecturer. She has an awesome sense of humor which I think is so important in keeping people engaged. She has a real passion for Sociology in whole and its clear that even after her extensive experience; she’s still just as interested and proud of her work. Yes, her grading is hard but it is very fair.

I will take away a lot from this class. It’s been hard work but I want to write about Sociology and Professor Jenness is an inspiration for me not only because I had the pleasure to study under her but also because of the books that she herself has written.

This was a FANTASTIC class! I recommend it to everyone who is willing to work hard and is particularly interested in hate crimes. If you work hard, you’re sure to get a good grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment